Mother's day is less than a month away - time to start thinking of ways to celebrate moms for giving us the world. For mother's day 2014, consider passing on taking her to brunch or picking up flowers at the grocery store - try something non-traditional - here are some non-traditional ideas to celebrate mother's day 2014. Hope this helps you plan an amazing mother's day for the mom in your life.
1. Make her brunch - Instead of taking her out to brunch - consider making her brunch. Brunch is the easiest meal to put together and you can pull off, a great at-home brunch in less than two hours. I think making her brunch adds an amazing personal touch to the day. If you cannot figure out your way around, the Kitchen, you can always order from a brunch menu and do breakfast in bed.
2. Day-Off : Every mom I know will leap at the opportunity to get a break from chores, errands or chasing after kids. Volunteer to watch the kids for a day or an evening so she has that time to do something for herself. Some of us have moms that are empty nestters, but there are still things they do around the home - pay bills, do dishes, grocery shopping, Laundry - volunteer to do one of those chores for her (or pay someone to do it, if you don't live in the same city).
3. Give her a day of pampering - The full works - manis/pedis/facials/massages. You can make it a mother/daughter date. She gets a pamper session; you get a pamper session. Everyone wins.
4. A digital photo album - With everything going high tech this day , consider taking on a project of converting old photo albums into digital copies and give your mom a digital album of favorite family pictures.
5. Schedule a family photoshoot - If you can, get the family together and have a professional photgrapher do a photo session. She will cherish those pictures forever.
6. A Favorites Gift Basket: Don't just pick up a generic gift basket from the store, make it personal. Consider what some of her hobbies or favorite things are and make her a gift basket based on those things. If she is into cooking make her a basket filled with spices, cookbooks, apron. If she loves to read, present her with a basket of books on her reading list.
These are just some ideas to consider. These will save you spending hours waiting for a table for brunch. What non traditional ideas do you have for celebrating mothers day ?
If you enjoyed this post, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest or Google +