DUMBO is my favorite neighborhood in New York. It is the perfect place to spend the morning, take an evening stroll or have a lovely break from the city. There is a lot to love about DUMBO - the breathtaking view of Manhattan, the old cobblestones, great shopping, plus the murals and arts lining the streets. It all comes together to make DUMBO one of the trendiest neighborhoods in New York and my favorite neighborhood in New York.
Getting to DUMBO. Take the F train to York street or the 2 and 3 to Clark street. You can also take the East river ferry from Pier 11 or walk across the Brooklyn bridge and arrive in the heart of Dumbo. Here are my favorite things to do, see and eat in Dumbo:
2. Capture a picture of Manhatthan bridge from the Vantage point on Water street.
3. Don't miss Tom Fruin's other work in DUMBO - the Watertower on the rooftop of 20 Jay Street
4. Enjoy the view of Manhattan from Fulton Landing
5. Stop by one girl cookies for cookies, whoopi cake, and spikey cupcakes - everything is good. Get one of each. (address: 33 Main street, Brooklyn, NY)
6. Visit Brooklyn's Ice Cream factory. The chocolate chocolate chunk and Butter Pecan ice cream have my vote. (address: 1 Water street, Brooklyn, NY).
7. Visit Jacques Torres chocolate factory. I recommend the hot chocolate and the chocolate chip cookies. (address: 66 Water street, Brooklyn, NY).
8. Grimaldi's Pizza - Arrive before or right when it opens to avoid the (worthwhile) long wait. (address: 1 front street, Brooklyn, NY).
9. Atrium DUMBO. Incredible food (and drink) paired with beautiful interior. (address: 15 Main street Brooklyn, NY)
11. I recommend walking the Brooklyn Bridge towards Manhattan, but if you are not up for the walk the East River ferry is a great alternative.
12. Head out to Brooklyn Pier 1 for something delicious and refreshing from Lizzmonade.
You can find this post and other travel post linked up with here: